Google+ Don't Be Afraid | Isma's Meditation Chamber - Doodles by IAMO

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Don't Be Afraid

Don't Be Afraid by IAMO Monster Illustration

I made this doodle for COMCOM’s Monster Art Jam.  I really like rock concert silkscreen posters; so, some inspiration on this piece came from that.  The “Pink Elephants on Parade” sequence from Disney’s ‘Dumbo’ (yeah, the one where he’s drunk having a bad trip) was definitely another influence.  I wanted to give it a dream-like feeling and have the monster be really big.  The little girl holding a lollipop came as an afterthought, when I needed something to show the size of the monster.  I remembered how my little 2-year-old niece is not afraid of anything, and started playing with the idea of the monster being more scared of the little girl that she is of it. The title, “Don’t Be Afraid”, is actually what the little girl is saying to the monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment